Saturday, July 1, 2017

July 1, 2017


Location: Pelican Island NWR

I'm a Great Southern White Butterfly,
I like to drink nectar from Saltwort and Lantana.
You can find me throughout the southern US,
But you won't see me in Indiana.

Sources: Birds and Moths of North America

Bonus: I had already written and pre-posted this entry, but I did get out shooting at 8 a.m. for the first time in weeks this morning. Check out my blog for some amazing pictures of the entire lifecycle of another butterfly, the Coontie Hairstreak.


(Disclaimer: Due to a minor hand issue I've not been able to use my camera so am posting some older pictures that I haven't included before on this blog.  I will resume my regular 8:00 am postings soon, but for now, please enjoy these blasts from the past.) 

Photo and text © 2017 Dee Fairbanks Simpson

No comments: