Saturday, December 12, 2020

December 12, 2020

I'm an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
I have a large, broad head and diamonds on my back
I can strike using 2/3 of my body
Don't get too close or you might get whacked.

(Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes are venomous - do not attempt to pick one up or get too close. Most people who get hurt in the wild get hurt because they were doing something unwise. In general, most snakes do not want to hurt you, they just want to get away. That said, like any living thing, snakes will attack when they feel threatened.)

Location: St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park, Fellsmere

Special thanks to guest photographer and my sweetheart, David Simpson.

Sources: https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/reptiles/snakes/eastern-diamondback/

Photo © 2020 David Simpson, text © 2020 Dee Fairbanks Simpson

No comments: