Thursday, July 14, 2022

July 14, 2022

I am a Red-headed Woodpecker
I am known to stash food in a cache.
But I also eat insects such as flies
Which I dart out and catch in a flash!

(Special thanks to guest photographer, David Simpson. Not gonna lie though - I am seriously ticked off at him. I gave him my camera and asked him to see if he could get a photo of the RHWP while I was assisting banding scrub jays. He came back with these two photos. The RHWP is one of my nemesis birds which I have NEVER gotten a decent photo of. And David had the nerve to get TWO fantastic shots! I especially love the first one!)


Location: St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park, Fellsmere

Sources: https://abcbirds.org/bird/red-headed-woodpecker/

Photo © 2022 David Simpson and text © 2022 Dee Fairbanks Simpson

No comments: