Saturday, May 12, 2018

May 12, 2018

Location: Turkey Creek Sanctuary, Palm Bay

This is a Green (Carolina) Anole,
Although he looks blue, not green,
The skull shape says he's not a Cuban Anole,
But the blue? Strangest thing that I've seen.

This critter's not amongst the living,
In fact, he's a bit dead and desiccated.
The yellow has decayed from the green pigment,
Read Anole Annals to become educated.

(One of my favorite things about writing this blog is discovering new sources of information. I have used Anole Annals as a resource in the past. When I found this dead blue anole, I was curious as to why he was blue. Thanks so much to Jonathan Losos from Anole Annals for letting me post my question about this anole on his blog.)

Sources: Anole Annals

Photo and text © 2018 Dee Fairbanks Simpson

No comments: