Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10, 2020

Location: Fellsmere, St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park

We are baby Bald Eagles,
Our mom's not right here, so we cry
But if we make a racket, or something attacks us,
Mom'll be here in a flash, she's nearby.

Note:  Often when I do my EagleWatch, I will see the babies sitting in the nest but no parents. But I have noticed that if the babies start raising a ruckus, the mom in there instantly, so obviously she was close by the whole time. What a good mom! 

On a sad note, this was my last eagle watch of the year due to the state park (as well as everything else) being closed. But I am glad I saw them get this big, they should be fledging in the near future. The folks at the park said they will let me know how they are doing, so check back, I will try to update this post when I hear that they have fledged.


Photo and text © 2020 Dee Fairbanks Simpson

No comments: