I'm female and a mom, that much is certain
I carry my babies on my back
A mom's love is never a burden.
(I found this spider on the floor of Dollar General. The clerk thought I was nuts for picking it up and taking it outside and was totally freaked out by it. I didn't even realize till I was photographing her that she had babies. I felt bad that we probably lost some during the move but it was clear that someone else was going to stomp on her if didn't take her outside.)
Location: (One of the many) Dollar General, Sebastian
Sources: https://www.britannica.com/animal/wolf-spider
Photo and text © 2026 Dee Fairbanks Simpson
If you are reading and enjoying this blog, please consider supporting me on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/deeat8am, or purchase my current book, The Rhyming Guide to Florida Spiders (details at https://deeateightam.blogspot.com/p/rhyming-guide-to-florida-spiders-now.html). Thank you for being a reader and friend of Dee at 8 A.M.

No comments:
Post a Comment