I am harmless to humans but eat lots of insects
In fact I have potential to be used in pest management
Where could be paid in the bugs I ingest!
(However, as noted in the linked article, Green Lynx also eat beneficial pollinators such as bees, as well as some wasps that also eat crop pests. But, to quote the article, "The use of lynx spiders in the control of crop pests will depend in a large part on when, where, on what crops, and for the control of what pests they are to be used. Their use in Florida for the control of pests of soybeans and peanuts may be feasible.")
Location: St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park
Sources: https://ask.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/IN521
Photo © 2026 Jill Cozza and text © 2026 Dee Fairbanks Simpson
If you are reading and enjoying this blog, please consider supporting me on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/deeat8am, or purchase my current book, The Rhyming Guide to Florida Spiders (details at https://deeateightam.blogspot.com/p/rhyming-guide-to-florida-spiders-now.html). Thank you for being a reader and friend of Dee at 8 A.M.

No comments:
Post a Comment